Satish Rao brings significant industry and consulting experience in the areas of business and marketing strategy. He helps clients address core issues of growth through new markets, products, channels and creating sustainable competitive advantage through innovation. His expertise includes business planning, go-to-market and portfolio strategy, financial modeling, developing operating and organizational models and program management. His industry experience is diverse, and spans technology, consumer products, and the broader industrial sector.
Satish is a contributing author to several publications, including a book, Growth Champions: The Battle for Sustained Innovation Leadership (Wiley, 2012), and Manufacturing 20/20, a thought leadership article on the future manufacturing landscape.
He was previously a managing consultant with IBM’s Strategy & Change consulting practice. Prior to consulting, he held engineering and management roles at Ericsson and Motorola. He has an MBA in Strategy from the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, in addition to an MS and BEng in computer science and engineering. He has also achieved PMP certification in project management.
Satish lives in the Chicago area with his wife and two daughters.
— General Business Strategy
— Corporate Growth Strategy
— Strategic Planning Frameworks & Models
— Corporate Development (M&A, Licensing, Partnerships)
— New Business Design
— Technology Commercialization
- Growth Champions: The Battle for Sustained Innovation Leadership (co-author). Wiley, 2012.
Articles & Perspectives
- The Oil & Gas Industry's New Normal: Rethinking Innovation Priorities in the Age of Low Prices, May 2017. Report published jointly with the Kellogg Innovation Network.
- Learn Fast, Learn Cheap: How Large Organizations Can Accelerate Their Innovation Efforts, March 2017
- Innovating Through Radical Efficiency, May 2016
- "Insight Programs: Finding Insights That Aren’t in Plain Sight" Strategy Brief, July 2012
- "The Future of Manufacturing 20/20" Strategy Brief, July 2012
- "Castrol, A Dynamic Road for the Future" Case Study, March 2012