Peter Bryant is an executive business strategist with more than 30 years of experience developing and driving high-growth strategies for companies in the US, Asia Pacific and Europe. He has advised executive teams at a range of enterprises, from emerging businesses to Global Fortune 500 companies, and held senior leadership roles at global companies, including General Electric and Computer Associates.
Peter is a serial entrepreneur, having been CEO/President for two emerging technology companies and Co-Founder of an enterprise software services company. He actively advises startups and mentors with accelerators such as Clean Launch, Founders and Innovation Pavilions. He co-authored The Growth Champions –The Battle for Sustained Innovation Leadership, published in 2012.
Peter is a leading authority on business, sustainability and technology innovation in multiple sectors, including resources and energy. He is an active speaker around the world and has advised many leading companies, including JCI, BP, GE, Castrol, Rio Tinto, BHP, Baker Hughes, and Anglo American. Peter is Co-Founder and Board Chair of the Development Partner Institute, a not-for-profit that will continue the transformational multi-stakeholder work catalyzed and incubated by the Kellogg Innovation Network.
Mr. Bryant holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Administration from Victoria University in Wellington, New Zealand. He holds a CA from the NZ Institute of Chartered Accountants and is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. He was a founding board member of the Colorado Innovation Network (COIN) and sits on the Board of Advisors for Chrysalix, a leading clean tech venture fund, and the World Economic Forum’s Mining 2050 program.
— Corporate Entrepreneurship
— Growth & Innovation
— Natural Resource and Energy (incl. CleanTech)
— Technology Commercialization
— Corporate Venture Capital
Featured Speaking Engagements
- The Innovation Imperative, International Mines Ministers Summit, PDAC Convention, March 2017
- The Innovation Imperative for Mining, CRC ORE Annual Assembly, November 2016
- The Mine of the Future, International Seminar on Mining, October 2016
- The Innovation Imperative for Mining, BMO Capital Markets 25th Global Metals & Mining Conference, February 2016
- Resource Companies: Transformation from Isolated Actor to Regional Development Partner, University of Auckland Vice Chancellor Series, November 7, 2013
- Transformation from Isolated Actor to Regional Development Partner – A Message for All Companies, American Chamber of Commerce, New Zealand, November 5, 2013
- Innovation, Corporate Entrepreneurship, and Growth from Within, The Chicago Council on Global Affairs, September 19, 2012
- 2012 Inaugural Summit: Leadership & Collaboration in Transformative Times, Colorado Innovation Network, August 29-30, 2012
- KIN Catalyst: The Mining Company of the Future, Kellogg Innovation Network, April 17-19, 2012
- A New Design Model for Business Innovation, Restaurant Executive Summit, June 2011
- The Future of Electric Transportation at The Modern Energy Investor Forum, September 2010
- The Energy Policy Dilemma, Mine LLC's The New Energy Finance Lunch, February 2010
- Conversations on the Cutting Edge, Innovate interview, July 2008
- David Chen, Michael Wasielewski, Peter Bryant: KIN Global 2017, June 2017
- Mark Cutifani, Julie Hill, Lindsay Levin, Peter Bryant: KIN Global 2017, June 2017
- Ira Ehrenpreis & Peter Bryant: KIN Global 2017, June 2017
- The Industry is Rife for New Mining Entrepreneurs, CNBC Africa, February 2016
- The Innovation Imperative in the Mining Industry, Business Day, February 2016
- The Imperative for Innovation in Mining, Society for Metallurgical Engineering, October 2015
- Mining Company of the Future, Society for Metallurgical Engineering, February 2015
- Resources Industry Evolution, University of Auckland, November 2013
- What is Colorado's best kept secret?, Colorado Innovation Network, August 2012
- What makes up an innovation system? , Colorado Innovation Network, August 2012
- How does Colorado capture the Spirit of the West? , Colorado Innovation Network, August 2012
- What is the Colorado Innovation Network?, Colorado Innovation Network, August 2012
- CleanTech funding: British fund looking to invest in Colorado entrepreneurs, Denver 9News interview, May 2012
- KIN Catalyst - The Mining Company of the Future, Kellogg Innovation Network, April 2012
- KIN Catalyst – Overview, Kellogg Innovation Network, April 2012
- Growth Champions: The Battle for Sustained Innovation Leadership (co-author). Wiley, 2012.
- Selecting Corporate Venturing Approaches, GCV Magazine, January 2018.
- The Oil & Gas Industry's New Normal: Rethinking Innovation Priorities in the Age of Low Prices, May 2017. Report published jointly with the Kellogg Innovation Network.
- Mining Opportunities: A Conversation with Peter Bryant, Q&A in The Electrical Distributor magazine, December 2016
- "The Mine of the Future" (El Imparcial, Oct. 2016)
- Raising the Industry's Bottom Line: Turning to Radical Efficiency to Raise Profits (SME's Mining Engineering, Sept. 2016)
- Achieving Innovation in a Tough Environment (Metal Bulletin, Aug. 2016), Spanish Language Version available here
- The Future of Mining (Corporate Nights, June 2016)
- A Ride on the MSI's Vintage Coal Mine Unearths Nostalgia, Questions (Chicago Tonight | WTTW, Jan. 2016)
- The Imperative Case for Innovation in the Mining Industry (Mining Engineering, Oct. 2015)
- The Imperative for Innovation (World Coal, Sept. 2015)
- Clareo’s ‘Mining Company of the Future’ Shows Path to Growth (press release, May 2015)
- SME 2015: The Mine of the Future (Coal People, Jan./Feb. 2015)
- Mining Company of the Future: Anglo American CEO Joins Group To Open Discussion (Mining Engineering, Jan. 2015)
- "Energy’s Struggle with Rapidly Changing Roles, Responsibilities, and Reputation", article in Journal of Petroleum Technology, November 2014
- "Oil Explorers, Miners Urged To Find Common Ground With Communities", interview in Energy News, Nov 2013.
- ‘Old’ mining industry digs for new ways, interview in The Chicago Sun-Times, January 2012.
- "Sparking the fire of innovation in Colorado," interview in InnovationNews, May 2012.
- "Innovating Through Radical Efficiency," White Paper, May 2016.
- "Industry led Innovation," briefing paper for the World Economic Forum, 2012.
- "Corporate Venturing—a Powerful Tool in the Innovation Arsenal" Briefing Paper, February 2012.
- “Innovation—a Business Imperative or Just a Fad?” Global Corporate Venturing, May 2011.
- "Finding Insights That Aren't in Plain Sight" Briefing Paper, May 2011.
- "The Case for Innovation in the Mining Industry" Briefing Paper, March 2011.
- "The Energy Policy Dilemma" Briefing Paper, January 2010.
- "Making Colorado" Brand Advisory Council - Appointed by Gov. Hickenlooper to serve on council. Associate Member: Milken Institute