Peter Bryant is a business strategist and leading authority on innovation with more than 30 years of experience working within and advising companies in the US, Asia Pacific and Europe, ranging from emerging businesses to global Fortune 500 companies. Leveraging his experience, he co-authored The Growth Champions--The Battle for Sustained Innovation Leadership, published in 2012. He is a frequent speaker around the world and has had many articles published on the topics of innovation and sustainability.
In addition to his corporate experience, Peter is active in the start-up community. A serial entrepreneur, he was CEO/President of two emerging technology companies and co-founder of an enterprise software services company. He's an active advisor and mentor to accelerators Clean Launch, Founders, Innovation Pavilions, and an angel investor in Clear Care. He sits on the Board of Advisors for the leading venture fund Chrysalix and the World Economic Forum's Mining 2050 Initiative, in addition to being a Senior Fellow of the Kellogg Innovation Network (KIN) and a founding board member of the Colorado Innovation Network (COIN).
Peter holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Administration from Victoria University in Wellington, New Zealand. He is also a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and a Chartered Accountant of the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants.
— Corporate Entrepreneurship
— Growth & Innovation
— Natural Resource and Energy (incl. CleanTech)
— Technology Commercialization
— Corporate Venture Capital
Featured Speaking Engagements
- Resource Companies: Transformation from Isolated Actor to Regional Development Partner, University of Auckland Vice Chancellor Series, November 7, 2013
- Transformation from Isolated Actor to Regional Development Partner – A Message for All Companies, American Chamber of Commerce, New Zealand, November 5, 2013
- Innovation, Corporate Entrepreneurship, and Growth from Within, The Chicago Council on Global Affairs, September 19, 2012
- 2012 Inaugural Summit: Leadership & Collaboration in Transformative Times, Colorado Innovation Network, August 29-30, 2012
- KIN Catalyst: The Mining Company of the Future, Kellogg Innovation Network, April 17-19, 2012
- A New Design Model for Business Innovation, Restaurant Executive Summit, June 2011
- The Future of Electric Transportation at The Modern Energy Investor Forum, September 2010
- The Energy Policy Dilemma, Mine LLC's The New Energy Finance Lunch, February 2010
- Conversations on the Cutting Edge, Innovate interview, July 2008
- Resources Industry Evolution, University of Auckland, November 2013
- What is Colorado's best kept secret?, Colorado Innovation Network, August 2012
- What makes up an innovation system? , Colorado Innovation Network, August 2012
- How does Colorado capture the Spirit of the West? , Colorado Innovation Network, August 2012
- What is the Colorado Innovation Network?, Colorado Innovation Network, August 2012
- CleanTech funding: British fund looking to invest in Colorado entrepreneurs, Denver 9News interview, May 2012
- KIN Catalyst - The Mining Company of the Future, Kellogg Innovation Network, April 2012
- KIN Catalyst – Overview, Kellogg Innovation Network, April 2012
- Growth Champions: The Battle for Sustained Innovation Leadership (co-author). Wiley, 2012.
- Mining Opportunities: A Conversation with Peter Bryant, Q&A in The Electrical Distributor magazine, December 2016
- "Energy’s Struggle with Rapidly Changing Roles, Responsibilities, and Reputation", article in Journal of Petroleum Technology, November 2014
- "Oil Explorers, Miners Urged To Find Common Ground With Communities", interview in Energy News, Nov 2013.
- ‘Old’ mining industry digs for new ways, interview in The Chicago Sun-Times, January 2012.
- "Sparking the fire of innovation in Colorado," interview in InnovationNews, May 2012.
- "Industry led Innovation," briefing paper for the World Economic Forum, 2012.
- "Corporate Venturing—a Powerful Tool in the Innovation Arsenal" Briefing Paper, February 2012.
- “Innovation—a Business Imperative or Just a Fad?” Global Corporate Venturing, May 2011.
- "Finding Insights That Aren't in Plain Sight" Briefing Paper, May 2011.
- "The Case for Innovation in the Mining Industry" Briefing Paper, March 2011.
- "The Energy Policy Dilemma" Briefing Paper, January 2010.
- "Making Colorado" Brand Advisory Council - Appointed by Gov. Hickenlooper to serve on council. Associate Member: Milken Institute